WAM performed extractions on material that produced an extraordinary high percentage of delta-8-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) were talking 49.56% test results. According to an independent testing facility, the high delta-8- results are unusual. These test results got me thinking about the cannabis’ cannabinoid profile and its delta-8-THC compound, and why? After spending some time researching delta-8- THC, I surmised that it’s the forgotten compound. People are interested in delta-9-THC then CBD, and now exploration into CBG, CBN, CBC but delta-8- THC continues to be the overlooked compound. However, I did find some interesting information to share with you regarding delta-8- THC, and the following is a rudimentary breakdown of the structure. See National Cancer Institute:
- Humans have what is called an endocannabinoid system.
- The endocannabinoid system is the physiological ligands for the cannabinoid receptors we have in our central nervous system.
- The endocannabinoid system’s cannabinoids act as neuromodulators that regulate the central nervous system.
- The cannabinoid receptors CB1 is short for Cannabinoid receptor type 1 thought to be one of the most widely expressed G protein-coupled receptors in the brain.
- And cannabinoid receptor CB2 is short for Cannabinoid receptor type 2 mainly expressed on T-cells of the immune system.
- CB1 and CB2 bind to two G protein-coupled receptors located in our central nervous system.
- Our central nervous system regulates motor learning, synaptic plasticity, appetite, pain sensation, mood and memory, and mediates the psycho-active effects of cannabis.
When delta-8-THC is inhaled, it reacts with the receptor which affects the neurons in the brain, which is the CB1 in our brain and this affect has been known to affect our well-being.
I still do not know why the material we extracted produced such high delta-8- THC numbers, but I will not give up. What I did learn is that delta-8-THC is definitely, in my humble opinion, better than delta-9- THC. Most people seem to want a higher delta 9 THC, but delta-8- THC may work better because it has the characteristics of delta-9- THC but without the psychoactive effects that delta-9- sometimes affect people.
Thank you for your attention.